Navigation
Home Page

Nut Free School Zone

 

We have a number of children in school with nut allergies who can develop a severe, potentially life threatening allergic reaction. Someone with a nut allergy does not necessarily have to eat the nuts, just being touched on the skin or smelling the breath of someone who has had nuts can trigger anaphylactic shock (which can cause breathing difficulties).

 

We cannot have nuts in school in any form. So please can we ask that you have no nut products in the lunch boxes or brought into school for break.

 

We appreciate that this is an additional thing to check and we know that you recognise the importance of it, especially as it is a life- threatening condition. We do have to insist we are a nut free school.

 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to a member of staff

 

 


Top